What is clogging/power tap?
Clogging/power tap is an exciting genre of dance that combines elements of clogging, tap and many other forms of dance; including hip hop and jazz. Clogging is usually (but not always) performed to contemporary music with a powerful, steady beat. Cloggers wear tap-like shoes, with special clogging/buck taps attached. Often, the shoes have a split sole, which accomodates toe stands and more advanced techniques. Clogging is very aerobic and a great way to have fun and exercise at the same time!
Just For Clicks is a power tap/clogging style dance studio in Syracuse, Utah. We offer a variety of classes (recreation and competitive) to meet the needs of our dancers, ages 3 and up. J4C is family oriented, and emphatic about providing age appropriate, high quality dance instruction for our students.
Just 4 Clicks dance studio builds confidence, self esteem and genuine friendships in a safe, caring environment. Your dancer is not just a number at J4C. We make it a priority to get to know each of our students' interests, abilities and perosonalities. Identifying their strengths allows us to help them grow and shine within their comfort zone. Dr. Seuss' classic character Horton said it best, "A person's a person— no matter how small." Individualized attention, affordable tuition, flexible schedules and modest costumes are what make Just 4 Clicks dance studio the perfect choice for your dancer! We look forward to meeting you soon!
NOTE: We may be renting a new facility in the Fall OR we will be working on building our own new facility! Either way.... we likely will not be in the basement of my home for the entire season.
Location: Home based studio in Syracuse, UT
Last year's enrollment: 107 students
Drinking fountain, bathroom and direct studio entrance
J4C features award winning competition teams and fun, performance only recreation classes.
SARAH RIVKIND - INSTRUCTOR
- Total Dance Experience: 35 years
- Exclusive Clogging Experience: 30 years
- Clogging Instructor Experience: On & Off 3-4 yrs. 2 years with J4C.
- Loves: Playing with my kids, decorating cakes, sewing & writing
- Dislikes: Driving in traffic and snow
- Describes Herself: I got my Master’s Degree in English Literature and my Bachelor’s in Technical Writing. I work full time as a marketing writer and freelance writer to pay for clogging and family vacations! I have been on stage in one form or another since the age of three. Clogging has taken me around the world performing with my husband in Germany, Belgium, France, Lithuania, Poland, Hungary, Romania, and Russia. I have six years experience in Folk Dance, five years in Rhythm Tap, and I’ve experimented with Jazz, Ballroom, Hip Hop, Modern, and even Ballet. I have two kids, eleven and six, who both compete in clogging. I’ve always wanted to be a clogging teacher and so I’m excited to teach the adult team and the all boys class at Just 4 Clicks!
Clogging Memories: My favorite clogging memory is traveling to Russia with my husband as the first American dance group in Moscow for the 50th anniversary of the end of WWII. I also remember dancing with a hyper-extended knee at a competition, braiding all my teammates hair for competition, and staying up all night practicing my duets with my crazy duet partner.
NICOLE MOYES – OWNER, DIRECTOR, INSTRUCTOR
- Total Dance Experience: 16 years
- Exclusive Clogging Experience: 13 years
- Clogging Instructor Experience: 5 years
- Education: BS Early Childhood Education, Weber State University 2002
- Former Occupation: Preschool and Kindergarten Teacher
- Loves: My family, Mexican food, Gilmore Girls, staying up late, talking with… anyone, clogging and seeing my students learn to love it as much as I do!
- Dislikes: Tomatoes, being short and early mornings.
- Describes Herself: Like a pepper, I am small, but fiery! I am determined, loyal, compassionate, dramatic, and a little snarky. I enjoy spending time with family, writing, and digital scrapbooking. I love my students like they are my own. I love hugs in the grocery store when they see me, laces that need to be tied in the studio and handmade cards that say, “Luv U Techur!”
Clogging Memories: I have so many clogging memories! Here is just one them—Over the years, I developed a fantastic little addiction to my clogging “competition day” staple- Lunchables and Gatorade. Ahhh Lunchables- the early 90′s version. You know, the ones that included a squeezable mustard capsule that defied the laws of physics on sooooo many levels! And helloooooo– what’s a Lunchable without that green, foil wrapped prize you received for eating every last morsel? That’s right. The Andes mint, in all of it’s often melted glory! Wash it down with a red Gatorade (because the other flavors were gross) and I was one happy clogger! Well I WAS, until a tap nail went into my foot at the beginning of a competition routine ….. but that’s another story!”
JAMIE MOORE – INSTRUCTOR
- Total Dance Experience: 14 years
- Exclusive Clogging Experience: 13 years
- Clogging Instructor Experience: 2 years
- Loves: Helping and teaching others, dancing, the beach, ice cream, springtime, family time together and good friends.
- Dislikes: Laundry, dishes, mean people, homework (mine and the kids) and vehicles–which always break down and are expensive to fix!
- Describes Herself: Ever since I was 3 years old I have loved to help people and wanted to work in the medical field. I recently graduated from Kaplan University with an Associate of Science in medical assisting. Ever since I learned to clog I have wanted to be a clogging teacher. Both of my career dreams are coming true at once! I like to piece quilts together and I enjoy scrapbooking and running. (Do I really love running? Not sure, depends on the day! LOL) I have run the Ogden Full Marathon 26.2 miles a total of 3 times— this is an accomplishment I am proud of. I have a wonderful husband and 4 children that I adore. My 2 girls are already following in moms footsteps and LOVE to clog at Just 4 Clicks.
Clogging Memories: Dancing in the hotel parking lot in the middle of the night before competition. Brushing my moms hair and making it static to the ceiling of the car on the way to Idaho for a competition. Dreaming of freestyle music all night after a long day at competition. Coming home from a clogging trip to Yellowstone and we had the entire team riding in our camper and our truck broke down (See my bad luck with vehicles began long ago! LOL) Group yardsales outside the studio to earn money for our trips Toilet Papering when sleeping over at our clogging teacher Jodie’s house for a team party. Having endless energy-man those were the days!
- Describes Herself: I am an easy going person that likes being with others who share the same passion as I do. I am very dedicated to whatever I put my mind to and willing to do the work. My family and friends are everything and I would do anything for them!
Clogging Memories: Some of my greatest memories of clogging are going on tours with my studio whether that was steel family, strictly clogging or Ultimate NRG. Those that I danced with became family to me I have formed life long relationships with some of them. Another one was when we went to I think it was misty powells competition and I was the overall female freestyler for the competition and I was like 12-13yrs old I even competed against the way older girls. I feel like dance isn't about the competition or winning but having fun and gaining lifelong friends those are the things you won't ever lose. I am so excited to start teaching at J4C!!!!